Goal: By 2020, West Virginia ranks among the top 20% internationally for the percentage of adults with an associate’s degree or higher.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2014, roughly 45% of all jobs will require post-secondary credentials, with only 25% of the workforce qualified for these jobs. These jobs require at least a postsecondary certificate or two-year degree. Even in times of economic slow-down, many employers struggle to find skilled workers.
Vision Shared is committed to establishing partners in workforce development, facilitating valuable discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of West Virginia's workforce readiness, and better connecting workforce and education in West Virginia. Please view our action plan for more information on specific activities and collaborative partners.
For more information about Vision Shared's Workforce Development efforts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By 2015, West Virginia ranks first in the nation in the percentage of residents who start a business.
- 1-23-2013 Workforce Call Notes
- 11-30-2012 WFD Committee
- 5-3-2012 Entrepreneurship Committee
- 4-20-2012 Entrepreneurship Committee
- 3-28-2012 Entrepreneurship Committee
- 3-6-2012 Entrepreneurship Committee
- 2-2-2012 Conference Call Meeting
- 11-18-2011 Conference Call Meeting
- 2-3-11 VSE-Ship Session Notes
- 2-3-11 Agenda and Meeting Details
- VS Blueprint for Entrepreneurship
- Previous VS Entrepreneurship Activities
- Feedback from VS Stakeholder Sessions
- VS Strategic Plan 2011-2014 Team Activities
- ELS Accomplishments
- 2-3-11 Entrepreneurship Committee launch meeting
- Investing in Entrepreneurs