Research and Commercialization
Goal: By 2020, West Virginia ranks among the top 25% of the U.S. in the percentage of its workforce employed in private sector, high-tech industries.
Committee chairman: Russ Lorince
- Coordinate Vision Shared Activities with TechConnect, Create WV and other organizations.
- Review the Blueprint for Technology-Based Economic Development in West Virginia.
- In addition to the Blueprint for, review what has been accomplished in this area.
Action Steps for the Remainder of Year 1
- Review best policy options and develop an advocacy agenda with TechConnect.
- Sell the TechConnect Blueprint and Vision Shared advocacy agenda for commercialization.
Action Steps for Years 2-3
- Sell the Blueprint even more as state entities learn to compete for federal money in a post-earmark environment.
- Get the State of West Virginia to invest in the “Innovation Economy.”
- Examine whether the Vision Shared goal has the correct metric attached to it.
- 11-17-2011 Meeting Agenda & Summary
- 5-11-11 Research Agenda
- 1-12-11 VS Research Session Notes
- TBED Blueprint Highlights
- 1-12-11 Agenda and Meeting Details
- TechConnect Blueprint for Technology-Based Economic Development
- Feedback from VS Stakeholder Sessions
- VS Strategic Plan 2011-2014 Team Activities